Please note that this information is valid at the time of posting.

National Insurance 

National insurance is a scheme where people in work make payments towards benefits. The payments are called national insurance contributions and certain benefits are only payable if you meet the national insurance contribution conditions. National insurance contributions also go towards the costs of the National Health Service. The national insurance scheme is administered by the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

·    National Insurance contributions are deducted in accordance with government legislation

·    The amount you pay depends on how much you earn

·    You must apply for a National Insurance Number within 30 days from your work commenced date

·    If you have worked in the UK before, and already been issued with the National Insurance Number you do not need to reapply

·    S&A can make all arrangements for obtaining your National Insurance Number on site

For more details please visit HMRC Website.


Income Tax

Income tax is charged in accordance with UK government legislation. For more information and current rates please visit HMRC Website.


Income Tax Refund

If you are only working in the UK for part of the year you may be able to claim a tax refund on your return home.



<< PreviousNext >>